Benaroya Research Institute
Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason (BRI) is an internationally-recognized non-profit medical research institute affiliated with the Virginia Mason Health System.
BRI works to advance the science that will predict, prevent, reverse and cure diseases of the immune system, to achieve its vision of a healthy immune system for every individual. Our scientific approach is to discover, translate, integrate and intervene – accelerating translation of today’s lab discoveries into tomorrow’s clinical interventions. The institute’s core values of persistent inquiry; innovation and agility; collaboration; and integrity and respect are foundational to our wor
A leader of collaborative initiatives such as the Immune Tolerance Network and Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet, BRI frequently partners with global research institutes, pharmaceutical and biotech companies to translate discoveries into clinical therapies
Visit BenaroyaResearch.org or follow BRI’s Autoimmune Life Blog, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter to learn more.
Position #: 2020-1648
Title: Bioinformatician I-II
Status: Full time
The Presnell-Altman laboratory is focused on new and exciting “–omics” approaches to the understanding of airway diseases, including SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19, Asthma, Allergy, and related diseases. We are looking for a talented bioinformatician to join our team and contribute to this goal.
The Presnell-Altman lab is part of the NIAID IMPACC (the Immunophenotyping Assessment in a COVID-19 Cohort) and NIAID ICAC (the Inner City Asthma Consortium) studies; and collaborates closely with the NIAID Immune Tolerance Network (ITN) as well as several other labs and institutions. You will add biostatistical approaches and statistical rigor to all phases of our experimental process, supporting our ability to draw significant biological interpretations from these experiments. You will also work with investigators and researchers alike across the organization in a collaborative fashion.
- Develop, implement and collaborate on statistical analysis plans for mechanistic studies as required to elucidate biological meaning from -omics experiments
- Perform bioinformatics-based analysis, working with the Presnell-Altman lab, and other institute scientists to generate quality control and data output reports, visualizations, and publication-quality graphics throughout the course of a project
- Develop, implement and collaborate on experimental designs including necessary power analysis, randomization/blocking and covariate analysis
- Work independently and collaboratively with all levels of institute researchers, in a dynamic research environment to design and implement new immunological experiments
- Attend and present data at scientific meetings and conferences
- Participate in writing journal articles, proposals, and other reports
- Remain up-to-date on biostatistical analysis tools and protocols, and apply them as appropriate
- Bioinformatician I: B.S. or M.S. in bioinformatics, biostatistics or a related science with a strong understanding of the principals of biostatistics as well as experience with “-omics” level datasets, and 0-3 years related experience
- Bioinformatician II: Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biostatistics or a related science with a strong understanding of the principals of biostatistics as well as experience with “-omics” level datasets, and 0-3 years related experience; alternatively, an M.S. in the above listed fields and 6 or more years of experience.
- Demonstration of technical proficiency, scientific creativity and knowledge, collaboration with others, as well as independent thought
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- High level of proficiency with analysis software, particularly R and Bioconductor
Visit https://careers-benaroyaresearch.icims.com/jobs/search to apply for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers-benaroyaresearch.icims.com.