The person holding this position has wide-ranging molecular and cellular biology experience and uses professional concepts that comply with company objectives to resolve immunosequencing assay related issues in creative and effective ways. As a Senior Scientist, they will independently develop and follow protocols and function with minimal supervision. This position requires working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Incumbent will be expected to exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
This position will require networking with key contacts outside own area of expertise to accomplish tasks that impact outside R&D departments. The incumbent will determine methods and procedures on medium- to large-scale experimental assignments and may coordinate activities with other teams and/or project leads.
- Develop new PCR-based assays for immune system profiling by next generation sequencing in collaboration with a team of researchers and on the nexus to process engineering, computational biology, and production service laboratory
- Create, develop, and introduce new methods and technologies to advance research projects
- Work with validation scientists, process engineers, computational scientist, and operations team to build sensitive and robust PCR-based assays for both manual and automated systems
- Provide expertise in selecting, designing, optimizing, qualifying, validating, and implementing molecular assays and laboratory platforms for research and clinical applications from research to production setting
- Emphasize rationale purpose-driven decision making with positive long-term impact through technical and practical implementation
- Design experimental procedures and search literature for targeted information
- Record experimental details and maintain laboratory notebook
- Interact with manager and project team to review data and plan next steps
- Cultivate positive and productive working relationships with colleagues
- Prepare and present work at group meetings
- Flexible to changing priorities
- Review and analyze data, interpret results, report findings to supervisor, form hypothesis, define next course of actions and design well-controlled experiments to address the question of interest
- PhD degree within a scientific discipline or equivalent in engineering
- Seeking 5+ years of industry laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of standard lab practices, particularly that of a BSL-2
- Expert knowledge of PCR platforms
- Extensive experience designing and implementing molecular and cellular assays with consideration of disease type, patient population, sample types, sample matrix, sampling method and storage condition, extraction method, sensitivity and dynamic range of the selected assays and analytical platforms
- Familiarity with command line tools and simple programming tasks in python, perl, or R a plus but not required, but willingness to learn necessary
- LIMS experience a plus but not required
- Windows OS, Mac OS, and MS Office literacy required
- Experience in assay development or product development is desired. Assay or technology transfer experience is preferred
- Regulatory exposure desired, including experience working under regulatory constraints
To apply for this job please visit www.adaptivebiotech.com.