Interested in advertising your event with Science in Seattle? Submit your event info to our event calendar!
- This event has passed.
News You Can Snooze: New Studies on Sleep
September 17, 2019, 2019
We all know that nothing beats a good night’s sleep. But how can we truly get a full night’s rest with the realities of life and all its complications? Join Pacific Science Center for a discussion on the latest in sleep research. University of Washington researchers present recent findings and valuable recommendations to help everyone (no matter your age!) sleep better at night.
Topics of discussion will include:
- What’s been learned from studies on delayed high school start times
- Sleep in children and how it affects families
- The detrimental effects of permanent daylight savings time
- Dr. Teresa Ward, Alumni Endowed Professor in Nursing, Co-Director of the Center for Innovation in Sleep Self-Management (CISSM), University of Washington
- Dr. Horacio de la Iglesia, Professor, Department of Biology, University of Washington
- Dr. Weicho Yuwen, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing and Healthcare Leadership, University of Washington Tacoma
Cost: Free for PacSci Members / General Public, $5
Recommended Ages: All ages