Senior Associate Scientist, Protein Sciences
Bristol Myers Squibb
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The Protein Sciences group is seeking a highly motivated Senior Associate Scientist to support programs within the immuno-oncology and cellular therapy thematic research center in Seattle. The successful candidate will have a strong background in protein purification, conjugation, and various analytical techniques. This position will be primarily lab based and is ideal for the innovative scientist who is driven and passionate about immuno-oncology and cell therapy in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Purification of recombinant and hybridoma derived proteins from mammalian, insect, and bacterial cultures
- Conjugation of purified products to small molecules, dyes, beads, or other proteins
- Refolding of protein from bacterial hosts
- Characterization of in-process and final products via HPLC, SDS-PAGE, and Western Blot
- Communication and documentation of work across groups and teams
- Design of novel protein entities
Candidates that have experience in the following analytical techniques will be preferred:
- Surface Plasmon Resonance Biolayer Interferometry KinExA Multi-Angled Light Scattering
- Biolayer Interferometry
- Multi-Angled Light Scattering
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline with at least 8 years work experience or Master’s degree with at least 6 years work experience
- Expertise on Akta and Agilent Chromatography Platforms Ability to recognize problems and recommend/develop appropriate solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a matrix environment
- Ability to work productively as both team member and as individual contributor
- Strong communication skills for working with cross-functional teams as well or cross-departmental colleagues
- Strong organizational skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bms.com.